Your privacy is important to us. S.F. Bose will not ask for personal information unless we truly need it (for example to send requested information or contact contest winners.) Nor will we share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our site or protect our rights. It is S.F. Bose’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website, SFBose.com.
Information We Collect
Like most website operators, S.F. Bose collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. S.F. Bose’s website. From time to time, S.F. Bose may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
S.F. Bose also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on SFBose.com blogs/websites. S.F. Bose only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/website where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to S.F. Bose websites choose to interact with S.F. Bose in ways that require S.F. Bose to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that S.F. Bose gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for newsletters at S.F. Bose to provide an email address. Some users may voluntarily share personally-identifying information through email, use of contact forms, or comments. Those who engage in transactions with S.F. Bose are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, S.F. Bose collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with S.F. Bose. S.F. Bose does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Information We Collect Automatically
We collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our websites.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our websites. For example, we collect information about what happens when you use our websites (e.g., page views, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our websites to you, as well as get insights on how people use our websites, so we can make our websites better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our website from certain geographic regions.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our websites, which helps us improve our content, share relevant information, and even help determine event locations;
- To monitor and protect the security of our websites, detect and prevent fraudulent behavior and other illegal activities and fight spam;
- To communicate with you about new book releases, promotions, and recommendations of other books and media by others we think will be of interest to you, or solicit your feedback; and
- To personalize your experience using our websites, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
How We Share Information
We do not rent or sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our websites to you (like web hosting vendors) and those that help us understand and enhance our websites (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of S.F. Bose, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our websites.
- Email Contact: If you are a registered user of an S.F. Bose website and have supplied your email address, S.F. Bose may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with S.F. Bose and our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or
Protection of Data
While no online service is 100% secure, S.F. Bose takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you choose to comment or publicly interact with the website, you can choose not to login to a WordPress account, or limit what information you provide there (which email address, name, etc.). Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our websites may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile websites. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your contest prizes (if you’re a winner) and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our websites, with the drawback that certain features of our websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- You can also opt out of cookies using the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page at this page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Other Things You Should Know
By accessing or using the websites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Ads appearing on any of our websites may be delivered by advertising networks. For example, we currently participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Other parties may also provide analytics services via our websites. These ad networks and analytics providers may set tracking technologies (like cookies) to collect information about your use of our websites and across other websites and online services. These technologies allow these third parties to recognize your device to compile information about you or others who use your device. This information allows us and other companies to, among other things, analyze and track usage, determine the popularity of certain content, and deliver advertisements that may be more targeted to your interests. For example, Google Analytics for Display Advertising. Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting is activated and collects information like age range, interests, location. Using the Ads Settings, users can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
Third Party Advertisers include ad networks, advertisers and demand side platforms. Third Party Advertisers may collect usage data or have usage data transferred to them for behavioral advertising purposes. You may opt out of this data collection process by visiting this site: About Ads